Support for refugees from Ukraine
Apply now for benefits from June 1, 2022!
Refugees from Ukraine can already apply for assistance according to the SGB II for the period from June 1, 2022. Those entitled to benefits under SGB II are entitled to advice and (financial) support from the Jobcenter Stadt Kassel. The application for SGB II can be downloaded from our website; the forms are available in paper form from the Jobcenter Stadt Kassel.
Refugee Ukrainians are entitled to support under the Asylum Seekers Benefits Act (AsylbLG) until the end of May. From June, the Jobcenter Stadt Kassel will take care of refugees from the Ukraine. Prerequisite is the submission of the so-called fictional certificate, or a residence permit according to § 24, paragraph 1, of the Residence Act (AufenthG).
What help can be applied?
If you need help, you are entitled to subsistence benefits. Accommodation and heating costs can also be covered. With the receipt of unemployment benefit, beneficiaries are included in statutory health insurance and long-term care insurance as compulsorily insured persons.
Those entitled to benefits have access to all funding and qualification offers, such as language courses, integration courses and further training.
The jobcenter provides support with starting a work, the recognition of professional qualifications and works closely with the city of Kassel, other authorities, and the accommodation for refugees.
How can the application be made?
- The application can be submitted in writing
- The application can be submitted in person at the Jobcenter Stadt Kassel from May 16, 2022, during our office hours. Our opening hours:
Monday 07:30 – 14:00
Tuesday 07:30 – 14:00
Wednesday 07:30 – 12:00
Thursday 7:30 – 15:30
Friday 07:30 – 12:00
Which documents are absolutely necessary?
- Complete and signed application
- Copies of all passports
- Copies of all residence certificates / fictional certificates
- Account details (domestic basic account)
- Copy of rental contract (if available)
- Confirmation of registration for health insurance (if already available)
Where can I get more information?
- The city of Kassel provides information about regulations and other offers of help: www.kassel.de/
- The BAMF - Federal Office for Migration and Refugees always offers up-to-date and multilingual information for people from Ukraine on entering and staying in Germany: www.bamf.de
- Hilfeportal Germany4Ukraine - an offer from the Federal Ministry of the Interior and Homeland
Information on the possible responsibility of the jobcenter from June
This information is based on the status of May 6th, 2022, but the legislative process for the responsibility of the jobcenters has not yet been completed. Changes, especially regarding the point in time of responsibility, can still arise during the parliamentary discussions.
We're here to help!
Your Jobcenter Stadt Kassel